For LGBTQ Survivors
The Sex Abuse Treatment Center provides a safe and welcoming environment to receive care and support.
In order to ensure that every member of our staff is trained to meet the specific needs of LGBTQ survivors and their communities, SATC partners with the Hawai‘i Coalition Against Sexual Assault, the Hawai‘i State Department of Health’s LGBTQ Community Action Team, and FORGE, a nationally recognized LGBTQ+ advocacy organization.
Our staff offers the full range of sexual assault services including:
- 24/7 hotline and web chat crisis support and information
- Medical-forensic examinations
- In-person crisis counseling and legal systems advocacy
- Clinical therapy and psychiatric medication management
- Education and outreach services
- Public policy advocacy
In addition, SATC is also committed to fully implementing the Hawai‘i Coalition Against Sexual Assault’s LGBTQ-Enhanced Best Practice Standards for the Delivery of Sexual Assault Services in Hawai’i (February 2015) and Readiness Guidelines for Serving LGBTQ Victims and Survivors of Sexual Violence (October 2017).
- SATC Staff Advanced Training
- Hawai‘i Coalition Against Sexual Assault, LGBTQ-Enhanced Best Practice Standards For the Delivery of Sexual Assault Services in Hawai‘i (February 2015).
- Hawai‘i Coalition Against Sexual Assault, Readiness Guidelines for Serving LGBTQ Victims and Survivors of Sexual Violence: A Companion Tool to HCASA’s 2015 LGBTQ-Enhanced Best Practice Standards for the Delivery of Sexual Assault Services in Hawai‘i (October 2017).
If you, a friend, or a family member has been sexually assaulted, call us for help. Trained SATC crisis workers are on duty 24 hours a day and 7 days a week to provide confidential support, information, and advocacy.
Medical care following a sexual assault is important even if you have no visible injuries. Medical Care is available to adults and minors, females and males.
A sexual assault can be a devastating physical and emotional experience. Dealing with the trauma of a sexual assault can be difficult as many emotions arise.
The SATC provides individual and family therapy, victim support services, and legal systems advocacy for children, adolescents, and adults. We have experienced professional therapists to help with your healing.